Hello, and thank you for visiting my profile.
• British native English speaker professional teacher.
• Masters level English language teaching qualification.
• Over 25 years' teaching experience at all levels.
• I offer productive and enjoyable classes online and at schools and businesses.
• Oral Examiner for the British Council for University of Cambridge English examinations.
• I have worked on English Language teaching course book material for:
Oxford University Press (Quest B2)
Express Publishing (Upstream).
The European Union (Language Learning for Employment Program).
My teaching TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualifications are:
• Dip.TEFLA, Masters standing, Gloucester College, England.
• CTEFLA, Brunel College, Bristol, England.
• CERT TEFL, Abon Language School, Bristol, England.
• CERT EKT, (European Union TEFL Certificate), Athens, Greece.
• University of Cambridge Oral Examiner for FCE, CAE, CPE
My work experience is:
• ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER / CONSULTANT NGP, 2011 - present, Peristeri, Greece.
I design and deliver an EFL course to company employees. Emphasis is on spoken English, covering general, current affairs and business topics. I teach Exam English (FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS) Business English and General English online.
• UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE ORAL EXAMINER, Athens, Greece
I am an Oral Examiner for FCE, CAE and CPE.
• OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS EDITORIAL CONSULTANT, 2008 - 2011, Athens, Greece and Oxford UK
I acted as a liaison between the Greek team and UK editorial in order to maintain market knowledge and awareness, allowing UK editorial to develop an appropriate publishing programme for Greece. Accountabilities included: market knowledge, research support, and editorial support, publishing support plus liaison with sales and marketing.
• ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER AT ALL LEVELS, ERASMOS, 2006 - 2007, Athens, Greece.
This post involved teaching classes at all levels from, A1 – C2, covering all skills plus conversation classes with children, teenagers and adults.
• ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSEBOOK WRITER / EDITOR, EXPRESS PUBLISHING, 2002 - 2005, Athens Greece.
This post involved all stages of the development of EFL teaching materials from initial research to designing, writing, proof reading and editing.
• ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER, ALL LEVELS, 1998 - 2001, Athens, Greece.
This post involved teaching classes at all levels form A1 – C2, Business English plus conversation classes with children, teenagers and adults.
• ENGLISH LANGUAGE COLLEGE LECTURER, SOMERSET COLLEGE, Taunton, UK, 1993 - 1998.
This post involved teaching KET, PET and FCE Cambridge examination classes in addition to EAP and ESP. Adult students.
• ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHER FOR ADULTS, ADULT EDUCATION CENTRE, 1990 - 1993 Weston-Super-Mare, United Kingdom
This community education post involved teaching ESL and ESP. Also syllabus and materials design.
• Student-centered methodology - the lessons will be made to fit your needs exactly
• We will work together systematically to make step by step progress
• Flexible, patient and encouraging teaching - I’m learning Greek so I know how it feels to be a language learner!
The best english teacher you can find
Always give you the best support
Lessons with Rosemary are excellent :)