NOTE: My Spanish is neutral and easy to understand. I specialize in Latin American Spanish
My name is Ana Atach and I have 8 years of experience educating young students, teenagers and adults. I love teaching and I am passionate about languages. As a native Spanish speaker who has learned several languages including English and now working on Dutch, I understand first-hand the difficulties and challenges associated with learning another language.
Born and raised in Buenos Aires, Argentina I moved to the United States to obtain my University degrees. Even though I wasn't planning on it at the time, I ended up staying in the United States for several years after meeting my now husband.
After receiving my teaching certifications in Spanish and English, I worked for several years with adults as well as middle and high school students in American schools as a language instructor for both English and Spanish.
Now I live in Netherlands and I am ready to continue sharing my passion for Spanish and English!
- Spanish and English as a Second Language licensed instructor, Norda Inc, Wisconsin, United States.
- Specialization in language acquisition and licensed in bilingual education, Edgewood College, Wisconsin, United States
- Additional coursework at the Autonomous University of Queretaro, Mexico.
- Spanish instructor: Beginner, intermediate and advanced levels (including literature and advanced grammar) in elementary and secondary public schools
- English as a second language instructor: Beginner, intermediate and advanced levels in public schools
- Assistant to professors at the University Dickinson College teaching beginning levels of Spanish
- Language coach through private lessons in English and Spanish
*Extensive experience in preparation and implementation of lessons tailored to the needs of my students*
*Broad knowledge of languages and the process of language acquisition*
My lessons are fun and captivating. How so?
I always like to get to know my students and their interests so that I can tailor my lessons to their needs. I engage my learners in active conversation and activities throughout my lessons so that I can broaden my students’ learning in ways a textbook cannot.
Moreover, my deep understanding of not only the language but also of the diverse cultures of Argentina, Mexico and the United States among others sparks curiosity and therefore increases learning! Furthermore, I am always looking for students to step outside of their comfort zone, and to feel safe and be unafraid to make mistakes.
When students make a mistake, I take this as an opportunity to teach them why it was wrong and ways to prevent making the same error in the future in a manner that is sincere and non-judgmental.
As a teacher, I am patient, kind and accessible to all my students. I genuinely care about my learners and want to provide them with the best learning experience!
Tutor not yet rated.