I am 43 years old and have been teaching English for over 15 years.
I am a native speaker of English from Canada and I teach all levels of English. Conversational English, Business English, Exam levels such as FCE, CPE, IELTS. I have also worked with students who wish to do post-graduate studies in other countries. TOEFL and GMAT
My Qualifications are:
- Degree in Marketing from York University, Toronto Canada
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language TEFL
- Professional licensed teacher for over 15 years
- ELT Consultant to Pearson Education " Longman" (International Publisher)
- I have worked with all levels of English but specialise in Exams levels and English fluency.
- I also teach Gmat Verbal for students wishing to do a Masters in Business Administration
- I have worked as an Oral Examiner for some of the major exam bodies. (Michigan, Cambridge)
My approach to teaching is focused on the individual needs of the student. I look at your strengths and focus on the areas which need improving.
I try to make the lessons interesting and use a variety of methods, books and visual media from films, TV shows, documentaries as well as YouTube clips.
Before lessons begin I usually speak with my students to understand the level of English they are at and focus on their goals.
It is hard work but I can feel improvement.
Quite difficult to use higher level vocabulary but I keep working at it and the materials help a lot.
Very complex material, I have to work hard. Good value.
Learned useful phrases today. Very valuable instruction.