My name is Katerina and I am a 35 year old native Czech speaker who has a Master’s degree in Czech and Italian filology from Charles University in Prague.
In addition to my educational achievements I have also gained 10 years’ experience of teaching Czech to foreigners at Charles University in Prague.
I have spent last 3 years teaching intensive Czech courses and Summer schools at “The Institute for Language Preparatory Studies” and the “Faculty of Law”, both of which are part of Charles University in Prague.
I have experience in teaching all levels of Czech from A1 to C2.
My students benefit from my creative and interactive teaching styles which connect a solid grammar basis with interactive materials such as my unique learning tools based on free internet and mobile phone application, presentations, videos and articles on actual topics completed by my own worksheets.
I enjoy meeting new people and aiding them on their adventurous journey discovering a new world. As our traditional Czech proverb says „The more languages you know, the more human you are." :)
I look forward to meeting you soon!
MY 10 YEAR CURRICULUM
• Individual and group courses
• Preparative courses for university admission exams
THE INSTITUTE FOR LANGUAGE AND PREPARATORY STUDIES:
• Intensive courses and Summer school courses
RESEARCH AND TEST CENTRE (CHARLES UNIVERSITY IN PRAGUE):
• Test elaborations for Czech Language Certificate Exam (CCE)
• Examination of applicants for Permanent Residency
• Skype lessons
• Czech for foreigners at Charles University in Prague (Faculty of Law)
• Private individual and group courses
I focus on interactive work combining information, practise and fun with particular attention to useful and every-day phrases.
"REPETITION IS THE MOTHER OF WISDOM“
• I prepare practise sets on the topics we have completed using application freely accessed via internet or your mobile phone.
• I also use visual tools such as videos, presentations and articles on daily topics, interesting events and funny content completed by own worksheets and interactive presentations (viewed thanks to shared screen).
HOW WILL WE PRACTISE ALL LANGUAGE SKILLS YOU NEED?
• SPEAKING: Real life chat and discussions based on everyday situations via pictures etc.
• LISTENING: Real videos with vocabulary preview and worksheets.
• GRAMMAR: Useful phrases and solid grammar based on student’s logical deduction.
• READING: Real life articles focused on useful vocabulary.
• WRITING: Students can send essays on topics we have discussed in lessons and I return them corrected.
I have been using Katerina as my Czech tutor for a few months. Her lessons are pre-planned and always engaging. I have been extremely happy with her as my Czech teacher and would recommend booking a trial lesson for anyone interested in learningCzech
Very good approach to the first lesson. Able to adapt very easily to you level.
I could already speak a little Czech before starting with Katka and really enjoyed my first lesson with her. She was very patient and helped my pronunciation as well as my vocabulary and grammar. i look forward to continue. Thanks
I have been taking Czech Lessons Katerina for two months. She is an exceptional tutor and teacher. She allows you to learn at your own pace, ask questions and explains everything in detail. The book we are using is great.