I am Chiara, I am from Brescia, in Northern Italy, and I currently live in London.
I have been teaching Italian for many years and I just love it: it allows me to meet new people, discover new cultures and share my passion for languages. I like my lessons to be fun and engaging: nobody leaves my classes bored!
I am passionate about languages, movies, philosophy, tea and cats (although in London houses are far too small to allow me to have one).
Teacher of Italian
• Feb 2016-present - Teacher of Italian as a Foreign Language – Vivere l'italiano, London, UK
• 2010-2015 - Teacher of Italian as a Second Language – Brescia, Italy
• 2014-2015 - 1-2-1 Study support for Secondary School students – Brescia, Italy
• 2012-2015 - Teacher of Italian for Specific Purposes – Brescia, Bergamo, Italy
• 2011-2014 - Study support for Primary and Middle School immigrant students – Brescia, Italy
• 2011-2013 - CILS exam coaching (Certificate in Italian as a Foreign Language) – Brescia, Italy
Levels: A2; B1; B2
• Nov 2009 - Italian Teacher Assistant – Dante Alighieri, St. Martin's College, La Valletta, Malta
Other Teaching Experience
• Oct 2015 - CELTA course English teaching practice – International House London
• 2006-2007 - Tutor in Epistemology and Cognitive Sciences – Università degli Studi, Pavia
Providing academic support to undergraduate students across a range of academic skills
• 2015 - CELTA – International House London
• 2015 - TOEFL certification: 110/120
• 2010 - MA in Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language – Università Cattolica, Milano
• 2007 - Development Program in Television Journalism – Multimediamente, Milano
• 2006 - BA level degree in Philosophy: 110/110 cum laude – Università degli Studi, Pavia
First of all I believe that learning a language has to be fun!
I also think that we remember better meaningful conversations rather than abstract grammar rules. For this reason I prefer a communicative approach, centred on daily life situations and authentic language use.
During the trial lesson we will discuss your needs, goals and interests, so that I will be able to tailor the lessons' plan. Then we will work on listening and reading, we will do some comprehension activities, a lot of practice and we will also work on grammar through an inductive approach. The lessons' material will include articles, videos, movie clips and songs.
I always do my best to create a relaxed environment where you can feel at ease.
thinking out box
Very engaging lesson. Chiara is funny, thinks outside the box and went to a great length to accommodate my requests. She even has prepared whimsical flash cards and exercises with hand drawn cartoon characters!