Bonjour ! Hello !
I am French but currently living in the Philippines, working as a French teacher in a private school and also teaching in University.
You might like learning with me because...
- I am dynamic, organized and patient,
- I have teaching experience to children, teenagers and adults,
- I specialized in using numeric to improve the learning experience; I am familiar with lots of tools and create my own resources,
- I like to take up challenges; I'm not afraid of trying something new and I'll do my best to help you reach your goal(s)!
- I take teaching online seriously and I want to deliver a work of quality.
September 2016: Master in Teaching French as a Foreign Language, specialized in using numeric tools
June 2014: "University Diplom" in Teaching French as a Foreign Language
June 2013: Bachelor in Foreign Languages Applied to Law and Economics (English & German)
January to July 2016: Teaching in Cebu City (the Philippines) - to teenagers and adults, from beginner (A1) to intermediate (B1), one-to-one session and very big groups (around 45 students)
April to July 2015: Teaching in Hô-Chi-Minh (Vietnam) - to children and teenagers, from beginner to intermediate, small groups
2014-2015: organisation of intercultural workshops in the Alliance Française of Bordeaux (France)
I've also been certified as an examiner for French language tests (DELF and DALF) in December 2015.
Step 1: Why do you learn French? > Your answer to that question is the starting point of your learning, and the key to deliver a teaching that fits your goals. Here are a few questions you can check if you are not sure what your goal is:
- Do you plan to take a French exam? (if yes, which one?)
- Do you want to improve one/some skills in particular? (i.e. conversation, speaking, oral comprehension, writing, written comprehension, pronunciation, gain vocabulary…)
- Do you learn French just because you love it? (I do love learning languages as well !)
- Do you wish to just talk about anything as long as it’s in French? (In this case, I’ll take notes of your mistakes and send them to you afterwards so that you can notice them without being interrupted)
Step 2: What is your level? > You can help me on this one by telling me if you’ve already studied French, how long, where… I will also plan some activities in order to have a better idea of what you already master in French, and what needs to be improved or discovered.
Step 3: Let’s learn together! > Knowing your objectives as well as your level will allow me to tailor customized lessons. During our sessions, we’ll use different media and talk about things that appeal to you. We can decide of activities together and you are free to propose activities, support or media that you would like to work on.
Voilà, on y va? (let’s do it?)
Jeanne has been extremely patient and understanding. She is experienced to work out your weak as well as strong points. She has the skills necessary for a perfect teacher. I would highly recommend her.
Mes leçons avec Jeanne sont formidables. I feel more confident to use the language even if I make mistakes. My pronunciation is getting better, but I appreciate that I have a strong accent. Luckily, Jeanne corrects me without making a fuss.
Je adore mes leçons avec Jeanne. Je peux parler sans inhibition.
Fantastic teacher, very well prepared, tailored my lessons to my specific needs, and is a joy to work with. Highly recommend!