I am a 32 year-old English teacher living in Bristol, UK, with more than eight years' experience teaching English to students of all nationalities, ages and levels (from beginner to advanced). I also have experience teaching Business English and preparing students for the Cambridge FCE and CAE exams. I am an extremely enthusiastic, motivated, focused and hard-working teacher, with a professional manner, and (crucially, I believe!) a sense of humour. I always have a fantastic rapport with my students — I love watching them progress.
Having learnt French from the age of seven and lived in Spain for six years, I speak and write both French and Spanish fluently. As well as my TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) qualification, I have a degree in French and a masters in Interpreting and Translation in French and Spanish.
I adore travelling, and have spent time living in and exploring Europe, Asia, Oceania and West Africa. I place great importance on keeping fit; I go running and play netball (a popular British sport) in a regional league here in Bristol. I am also passionate about music, and have sung in a number of different bands both in Barcelona and Bristol.
EFL teacher, ELC, Bristol, UK (July 2016 – August 2016)
• English teacher for international adult students during six-week summer school programme
EFL teacher, Jenny Dance School, Bristol, UK (October 2014 – April 2016)
• English teacher for international adult students, mostly FCE and CAE Cambridge examination preparation
EFL teacher, Today School, Barcelona, Spain (October 2008 – June 2013)
• English teacher for groups of adults, teenagers and children. FCE and CAE Cambridge examination preparation and Business English
EFL teacher, International House, Salisbury, UK (July – August 2008)
• English teacher for groups of teenagers and children of all nationalities in two-month summer school programme
EFL teacher, Kings Language Centre, Granada, Spain (February – April 2008)
• Teacher of Business English to unemployed graduates on a three-month course to improve employment prospects
Even though I have a lot of teaching experience, I always plan every single lesson. My teaching approach depends on you — you might want to work on exam technique, on your reading or writing skills, on particular areas of grammar, or on pronunciation. You might have a specific interest in British culture, or need Business English for your job. Whatever your preferences, I will tailor my classes to suit you.
Tutor not yet rated.