Hello, my name is Emma, I'm a highly qualified British language coach.Whether your goals are to get a better job, to get into university, or to expand your social connections, personalised English language coaching with me can help you achieve results. This is possible because I can offer you more than a standard qualified teacher can.
I have an MA in English Language Teaching and Advanced Teaching Diploma (available on request). This means I have a deeper understanding of the learning process and I am always finding powerful new ways to help learners of all levels. Alongside this I have 13 years teaching experience (including business English, academic English, pronunciation, conversation skills, job searching skills) and 5 years coaching experience. Our sessions will be interactive – your contribution (ideas, experience, interests) is important for the learning process. And for my part, I will always find creative ways to make our lessons fun and enjoyable for you.
So, are you ready to discover more of the English language and use it to achieve the success you want? Then I can’t wait to hear from you!
- MA English Language Teaching (distinction) 2015, University of Sussex
- Advanced Practical Teaching (TEFL-Q, DELTA equivalent) 2015, University of Sussex
- Chartered Institute for Personnel & Development, Certificate in Learning & Development Practice 2010 (Training and learning development, Coaching)
- MA, Information Studies, 2002, University of Brighton
- CELTA (pass B) 1997
- Co-founder & Director of Studies: MixTree Languages November 2015 – Present (1 year 3 months)|Amsterdam Area, Netherlands
Design and manage highly interactive & creative learning programmes.
Recruit & lead a team of teachers & develop their continuing professional development.
Develop methods & activities to promote community, collaboration & creative thinking in learning experiences.
- English Language Coach & Facilitator June 2007 – Present (9 years 8 months)
Design and deliver bespoke courses in Business English, Academic English and English for Creative Thinking.
Lead and manage intensive English courses in the non-profit sector.
Provide one to one English Language coaching.
Clients include: Square Mile Netherlands, British Language Training Centre, Linguarama Netherlands, Linguarama London, Kings Colleges, KFC, Origin Housing & the Port Authority of Dakar.
- Teacher The British Council, Prague July 2000 – January 2001 (7 months)
Taught English as a foreign language to Young Learners
- Teacher International House Brno October 1997 – July 2000 (2 years 10 months)
Taught English as a foreign language
I use my coaching skills to understand your goals, get you motivated, and help you make the most of your learning time. Our sessions will follow a personalised programme and be interactive – your contribution (ideas, experience, interests) is important for the learning process. Most of our time together you will be speaking and I will give you constructive feedback on your language. My teaching/coaching is 'flipped' - meaning any reading/listening/videos/exercises you will do before our session and we will discuss them together during our session. This means we maximise the time you have for speaking and receiving feedback on your language. All materials we use will reflect your goals and interests.
Tutor not yet rated.