Dear Student-Adult Learner,
My name is Georgia. I have worked as a teacher and trainer of teachers in Greece, Canada, the USA and the UK. I am currently living in Greece. I am a native Greek speaker and I have taught Modern and Ancient Greek language, history and culture for many years at all levels of education. I am an extremely patient, supportive and encouraging teacher with a strong academic background. My young students and my adult learners were/are impressed of the innovative teaching methods and pleasant activities I have applied.
I have also worked as a Counselor because of my academic background in psychology. During my longtime teaching career, I have trained teachers of public/private schools in the USA on "Teaching Modern Greek as a second or foreign language". I have also worked as an examiner during the international exams regarding the Certificate for Attainment in Greek Language. I have also trained teachers from all over the world in Classroom Management. I can speak the following languages: Greek, English and Spanish.
I am an energetic, passionate, committed and enthusiastic teacher. I have adjusted my teaching process to my student's learning style and needs. My interests are traveling in all over the world, learning about cultures, creating art and swimming.
It will be my great pleasure to offer you teaching-tutoring online sessions on Modern Greek Language and share my culture with you.
Looking forward to offering you great learning experiences and fun activities!
Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology, University of Social and Political Sciences, Department of Psychology
B.A. in Greek Philology, University of Ioannina, Greece
- Taught students and adult learners, Canadian and British Universities
- Taught students, American Secondary Education Institutes
- Taught students, Greek schools
- Organized Workshops and Seminars: Trained teachers of Secondary Education Institutes, Greece
- Workshops: Trained teachers of Secondary Education Institutes, USA
- Training Program: Trained teachers from all over the world, UK
- Very well organized teacher
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Extremely patient and supportive educator
- Detail oriented
- Superior ability to build my student's self-confidence
- Very diligent professional
I have taught Modern Greek language as a foreign or second language in higher education and secondary education institutes internationally. I have over 20 years of teaching experience in class and online by using a great number of e-platforms. For several years, I have also applied Greek language software as an educational tool to assist others in learning Modern Greek. I have loved to support others in achieving their learning goals.
My teaching approach/style is student-centered, innovative and interactive.
We will start with phonology and then we will continue with vocabulary, grammar and syntax. My student's learning style has guided my teaching process.
Some of the approaches I have applied are as follows:
1. Grammar-Translation approach by using some grammar and translation
2. Communicative approach by using communication through real life scenarios
3. Audio-Lingual approach by using repetition and listening
4. Visual approach by using videos and newspaper-magazine material
5. Physical response approach by using the connection between physical movement and language acquisition especially when vocabulary is taught
I am more than willing to respond to your questions and explain everything in details. I can understand any question or concern you have about learning the Greek language.
Through my own experience in learning foreign languages (English, Spanish, Italian and Japanese), I have realized that learning-studying a new language should be an enjoyable journey. In our class/sessions, you will have the opportunity to learn not only the Greek language but you will also learn about and experience the Greek culture.
Enjoy your learning experience!
Tutor noch nicht bewertet.