Hi! I am Maria and I am a teacher of modern and ancient Greek with 20 years experience. I love teaching people from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds and I strongly believe in online language teaching as a very efficient method of learning.
For the last 4 years I have been teaching online through Skype and my classes are very interactive, convenient and adapted to my students’ pace. I started my professional career by teaching privately modern and ancient Greek to secondary education students and in parallel, I worked in private schools in Athens and Tirana. During these years, I gradually realized my interest in teaching Greek as a foreign language and I decided to enrich my knowledge by attending a MA degree in Teaching Greek as a foreign/second language at the University of Athens.
I currently teach Modern Greek as a foreign language to foreigners living in Athens, such as Embassies members and their families and business ex3cutives. Thanks to my previous studies in History and Archaeology (BA from the University of Athens), my students really enjoy learning some Greek history that I include in my courses.
I am passionate about literature and traveling, exploring every aspect of the unknown: language, culture, personality. I am really excited every time I start teaching a new student.
For me a new language is an exploration of a new world.
I have strong academic qualifications in Greek Language:
• BSc in History and Archeology - National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
• MA in teaching Greek as a foreign language - National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
• Certification on the MCCC (Moodle Course Creator Certification), the international certification of knowledge and skills in using Moodle as a course creator through e-
I speak fluently English, Italian and advanced level French.
I have almost 20 years of teaching experience including primary school, high school, as well as tutoring for all ages, including adults.
-Kessaris School in Athens, 2004-2006
-Αrsakeio Greek Albanian College in Tirana, Albania, 2007-2009
Moreover, my experience includes:
• Evaluator on State Exams for the "Certification of knowledge of Greek language, Greek history and Greek culture" (Ministry of Education) (since 2013).
• Teacher in the educational program "Education of Immigrants in Greek language, in Greek history and in Greek culture” in 2014
• Since 2013 I work for Interlingua and Linguaphone, Schools of foreign languages
• I currently teach Modern Greek as a foreign language to foreigners living in Athens or through Skype, such as members of the Swiss, Portuguese and Lithuanian
embassies and their families, as well as business ex3cutives of a French company in Athens.
• I have accomplished a Practicum in Modern Greek Language Teaching Center of National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
I am a student-centered teacher, the student’s emotional well-being plays a vital role for me, because a learner must feel that his views and needs are valued and respected.
In my courses, I emphasize the importance of communication and the practical uses of language. I consider therefore communication as the most suitable approach, because it gives a lot of emphasis on realistic situations making the learner aware of how the language actually works (that does not mean that I don't give the same importance to the grammar rules and the syntax, especially to the advanced levels).
During my courses, I also practice pronunciation, speaking, listening, reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary using creative and interactive methodology.
Each course is personalized and adapted to the students' needs and learning motivation.
My goal is to inspire my students and to transmit them my love for the Greek language and culture.
Tutor noch nicht bewertet.