Do you find Greek challenging?
Do you feel discouraged trying to talk to native speakers?
If you are ready to take the next step, book a class now and improve your speaking confidence in Greek!
If you are a beginner or want to improve and speak better Greek with confidence, that’s my specialty!
I am Thanasis and I live in Athens, Greece.
I am a trained and certified native Greek teacher and I have been teaching Greek Online since 2012.
This is my full-time job and I make sure that my students improve and get results in a friendly and relaxed learning atmosphere!
- Certificate of Teaching Greek as a Second / Foreign Language, Hellenic Centre of the Greek language, University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2016-present)
- The Online Teacher, Έτσι Μαθαίνω (2015)
- Teaching Reading Comprehension for all levels of Greek as a foreign language, Hellenic Culture Center (2015)
- Certificate of Teaching Greek as a Second / Foreign Language, Hellenic Centre of the Greek language, University of Thessaloniki, Greece (2013)
- “The design of a lesson and a course based on the needs and the characteristics of the students of Modern Greek", Hellenic Culture Center, Athens, Greece (2012)
- Certificate of Proficiency in English, University of Michigan (2004)
Professional Online Greek Teacher - Full Time
2009 - present
The most effective method to become fluent in Greek!
o see updated and colorful learning materials – the materials are structured in accordance with the Common European Framework for Languages (CEFR)
o see my notes
o write on the whiteboard – using the keyboard or a digital pen and the classroom’s markup tools, in this way you take an active part by writing, highlighting or underlining
o watch videos – we will watch interactive videos including different types of questions
o listen to songs – we will listen to the best Greek songs including different types of questions and tasks
o do quizzes
o record your voice – very useful for your reading and speaking skills
o play educational games – yes, it’s fun and exciting! All games are structured on students’ vocabulary
o upload your files
o watch the lesson using video recording
o have the material used during the lesson shared to you
o Master vocabulary! – My students have access to flashcard games that use brain science to support them learn the vocabulary in the most fun and effective way. They can also listen to each word’s audio and practice their pronunciation
o Have Homework Assignments – my students are engaged both in and out of class. You could take a picture of the homework and send it to me and I will check the mistakes and weaknesses
We will work on
o Speaking Practice on a wide range of topics and real-life situations
o Vocabulary and Grammar Development
o Listening and Reading Comprehension
o Phonetics and Accent Reduction
o Writing Correction and Test preparation
Regular weekly schedule
Students follow a regular weekly schedule which can be 1-5 lessons per week. Normally I suggest 2 lessons per week
Book a Lesson now!