I´m Suzana Melo, I'm 39 years old. I live in the beautiful (O)Porto, the second largest city in Portugal.
I am bilingual: Portuguese and French.
One of my passions is the contact with new cultures and traditions, including languages, that´s why I enjoy teaching and I invest in multicultural educational projects. Writing and travelling are also a passion!
If you are looking for skills and competences as excellence, responsibility and professionalism, I will certainly be able to satisfy your needs and goals.
I have a 5 year degree from Oporto University (Portugal) in the field of Education, Literature and Teaching. Oporto University is one of the top 500 universities in the world, occupying the position 242, according to University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP) 2013/14.
My work experience, built since 1999/2000, focuses mainly on teaching and coordinating educative projects at national and international levels, thus I would like to emphasize the following aspects:
- Teaching experience on middle and high school level (French and Portuguese languages).
- Teaching experience in regular and vocational schools.
- The practice of teaching and training adults.
- The ability to successfully adapt methods, strategies and goals to different needs.
- Head teacher at a vocational school.
- Project coordinator with successful experience in planning, implementing and managing programs and/or projects in the field of education since 2008, namely eTwinning, Youth in Action, Comenius, Leonardo da Vinci European educational programs and now Erasmus +.
Thanks to my Etwinning projects, I was awarded with national and European labels of quality, with the national prize - 2010 and 2013 - and the European prize - 2012 and 2014-.
Language classes should be something you look forward to, not suffer through!
My methodology focuses on conversation and fluency. In order to truly learn a language, interaction is essential. Communicative learning teaches vocabulary in context rather than as a list to be memorized. Grammar is also learned as well as reading and writing.
All classes are individually prepared and tailored to each student.
The Portuguese lessons are prepared taking into account the student's strengths, interests, learning style and experience level.
I use the parameters which are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, a universal norm for language competence and progress Though the objectives for each level are fixed, each student’s journey will be unique and student will progress at different paces.
Everyone is encouraged to learn with fun in the style and at the pace that suits them best.
Este tutor aún no ha recibido ninguna calificación.