I am a 36 years old Italian native speaker. I was born and raised in a small town in the north-east of Italy, near beautiful Venice.
However, at the age of fourteen, I went to a dance and performing arts school in England. I was the only Italian there and I did not speak English very well at the time. It was very difficult at the beginning, but slowly I fell in love with that new language and, consequently, with foreign languages and cultures in general.
I started teaching in 2001 and never stopped enjoying it ever since.
I have experience teaching Italian, English and French in different settings. In the past, I have taught in state funded schools in England (GCSEs and ‘A’ levels), in a private international school in Italy, in foreign languages schools, but also privately, and I am currently teaching in a private foreign languages school in Spain. I have experience teaching children, teenagers and adults of different nationalities (including British, American, Italian, Spanish and many others).
My qualifications can be summarized as follows:
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE for Italian and French) from the University of Cumbria (UK).
- Master's degree in Professional Translation (English > Italian) from Swansea University (UK).
- B.A. (Hons) in Translation and Interpreting from Scuola Universitaria Per Mediatori Linguistici di Vicenza (Tertiary Institution for Translators and Interpreters of Vicenza, Italy)
for English, Italian, and French.
- TDA QTS skills test (Literacy, Numeracy, ICT).
- Cambridge University Certificate of Proficiency in English.
- TOEFL (American Language Computer Based Test).
I can relate well with my students, as I am also always trying to learn new languages and I know how frustrating it can be sometimes! Because of that, I try my best to make my lessons fun, even if the topic of the day is grammar!
When I first meet my students, I always ask what their goals are, so that I can base my lessons on those and I can make sure I cater for all their needs. I am happy changing my teaching style based on my students and what suits them better. I can teach every important aspect of the language you are here to learn. My lessons can be based on speaking, listening, writing, reading, grammar, and culture or they can just focus on one specific aspect.
What can I help you with?
- Exams, tests and assignments or I can help you in the areas you find more challenging during your Italian lessons at school or university,
- work presentations or any other business-related material,
- being able to survive in the real world, if you are planning to go to Italy on vacation, for work or if you are planning to move there or if you already live there.
I cannot wait to teach you all very soon!
Este tutor aún no ha recibido ninguna calificación.