Hi there. My name is Sheryl but most people call me Shy or teacher Shy. I studied BS Education Major in English and I've been teaching in Vietnam for almost a year now. I love teaching because it's a very rewarding job as I can share my knowledge with my students which is something that they can not only use in everyday lives but in their future too. Learning this language can be very challenging as there are many grammar rules, styles and techniques. But I love to share these with my students. The students that I am currently teaching are from elementary to adults mainly reviewing for IELTS.
A little more about myself is that, I am very specific in pronunciation because if it isn't correct it will give a different meaning or content of a sentence. However, I am also very patient and hardworking because my ultimate goal is for my students to learn something in each class, and improve as we go along. I don't mind going back over lessons if it's a bit too difficult for the student, I am always considerate and I give enough time for them to learn.
My hobbies are reading books, listening to music and watching movies. I love cats because they are very sweet and clingy. I also love eating fruits and chicken.
I have studied BS Education major in English.
I have good communication skills.
I am also proficient in Microsoft Office.
I can use basic and modern classroom technology online.
I have been an English Communications trainer in a foreign company from 2014-2016.
I was also a supervisor of a financial company handling different types of accounts focusing in proper communications approach.
1. I do warm up and review past lessons.
2. Introduce the new lesson using visual or written, while explaining the content focusing on student's attention and describing the objective.
3. I present new vocabularies and proper usage in sentences.
4. Letting the students present their own understanding of the lesson while checking for comprehension, grammar structure and pronunciation.
5. Taking down notes of student's areas of improvement and strength.
6. Allowing the students to know their strength and teaching them how to improve weak points.
7. Giving students time to practice new opportunities by role play, writing or pronunciation drill.
8. Providing feedback, then short quiz or test to summarize everything.
Above all these, It's very important to match the level of understanding of students as everyone needs a different approach. I always use the easiest and most effective way to approach students by methodically providing informative presentations in all areas of English language, reading, listening, reading and writing.
Este tutor aún no ha recibido ninguna calificación.