I am a native Russian speaker residing in Saint Petersburg.
After I got my Bachelor's degree in Linguistics at St.Petersburg State University (I majored in English, with Spanish being my second foreign language), I decided to live in another country for a while and went to Spain to obtain a Master's degree.
Right now I work as a Training coordinator at a Marriott hotel here in St. Petersburg . I also travel quite a lot - I've traveled to Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Finland, Japan and many other countries; and I found I really enjoy meeting people of different nations and immersing in different cultures.
I truly believe that the more languages you learn - the richer you become.
- 4 years of tutoring experience (started while in the 2nd year of the university); worked both with children (from 8 years old) and adults;
- Russian - native language, English - advanced, Spanish - intermediate, Japanese - beginner;
- At present - training coordinator at a hotel: work experience in teaching English to groups of 5-10 people
I teach Russian and English.
I believe that to learn a language you don't have to be a genius or to have great memory - after all, everyone learned to speak their native language to perfection. What you do need is a desire to learn it, discipline and a good teacher. So when teaching I try to adhere to the following rules:
- Systematic approach (at the beginning of the course I make a plan, set goals and choose course materials required for this particular student);
- Language immersion (a language is a living thing - you will never learn it just by doing exercises; you need to talk in it, listen to it and think in it);
- Strictly individual approach (I choose course materials only after I know student`s goals and needs).
My course materials include various text books, podcasts, role play situations, articles, exercises.