IMPORTANT INFORMATION : Please note that I will be away from the 1st of August to the 25th of August. During that time, lessons will only be booked on request. Lessons will resume as usual from the 25th of August, from Monday to Friday 9am-7pm (French time). Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any information. Merci :)
Please read carefully below before booking : All cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance or lessons not attended will be charged in full. Alternatively you can reschedule the lessons with no booking fees on Verbalplanet, 24 hours prior to the lesson. Thanks!
I'm a Native French speaker, qualified FFL Teacher (French as a Foreign Language) with more than 10 years of Teaching experience behind me, and I'm working full-time as a freelance Teacher in Marseille, France, face-to-face and online.
I have a MASTER degree in History of Art and Archeology and a Bachelor in French Literature from LA SORBONNE University, Paris, and Poitiers University. I worked many years in museums and as a Teaching assistant in History of Art at Poitiers University (France).
I lived in Cambridge, UK for 4 years so I speak English fluently. In 2010, I moved to the UK and decided to start teaching French as a Foreign Language full-time. I was a French Teaching Assistant in schools, and started studying FFL teaching methods. In Cambridge where I founded 'the French lesson", I taught French to children as young as 2 years old and adults, postgraduates students from Colleges of the University of Cambridge (Trinity College, King's College, Gonville and Caius College...) and professionals, from beginners to expert levels.
I OFFER TAILOR-MADE TUITION TO :
- Complete Beginners and Intermediate levels with a progressive method adapted to the students needs and learning preferences. You will learn the fundamental of spoken French, Vocabulary and Pronunciation to be able to communicate in French as quickly as possible, as well as the essentials of grammar to learn with strong basis and build solid language skills.
- Advanced and Expert levels, with a focus on oral expression and grammar. My knowledge and passion for grammar and linguistics might help you improve your skills and hopefully answer the tricky questions sometimes raised by French grammar.
I have a specific training in teaching people with dyslexia and specific learning difficulties. I also had a training to work with newly arrived immigrants on alphabetisation and Illiteracy.
I HAVE GREAT EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING :
- DELF - DALF exams and diplomas in French language, Level A1 to C2
- Language Teachers
- Professional coaching to non-native speakers: Interview Preparation, Resume/CV editing, Proofreading, Public Speaking, Career advancement
- PHD and Postdoc students (Modern languages, Physics, Biology, Literature, Political science...)
- Researchers (Neurology, Psychiatry, Linguistics, History of art, Sociology, Biology...)
- Medecine (Neurosurgeons, Psychiatrist, Pedopsychiatrist)
- Sport and Health (Yoga Teachers, Mountain guide, professional athletes, Therapists and coach...)
- Finance, marketing and business
- Writers and journalists
The lessons can focus on specific topics and technical vocabulary such as Business French, Finance, Medical French, Literature and linguistics, Politics ... As you might already know, French people's favorite conversation topics are food, wine and politics!
-MASTER Degree in History of art and Archeology (First class honours), PARIS SORBONNE UNIVERSITY and POITIERS UNIVERSITY, France
-DAEFLE (postgraduate degree in Teaching French as a foreign Language/ Alliance Française)
-Teacher training in teaching newly arrived immigrants on alphabetisation and Illiteracy
-Teacher training in teaching students with Dyslexia and learning difficulties
EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING and FRENCH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
*2010-now (Cambridge, UK - Marseille, France) : "The French lessons" - PRIVATE TUTORING
*2015-now : The Red Cross, Volunteer, Campaign against illiteracy. Tutoring : literacy skills, French as a Foreign language for newly arrived immigrants.
*2012-Now : TRANSLATION/Proof-Reading :
- Lectures in History of Art for Collège de France, Paris https://www.college-de-france.fr/site/college/index.htm
- Fauna and Flora International Cambridge UK
- Parker Hannifin Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
*2010-2011 : FRENCH TEACHING ASSISTANT, Broadway East School, Gosforth, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
*2008-2009 : History of Art UNIVERSITY TEACHING ASSISTANT, University of Poitiers, France
I use different teaching methods such as the constructivist method or the structural approach, etc, depending on the people I teach, their level, needs and aim. Lessons are tailor-made to suit the student's learning style.
I believe communication and speak in French as much as possible during the lessons, even with beginners, except to explain the grammar to make it as simple as possible to understand and memorise.
I provide exercises and material to give you the opportunity to practice grammar and tenses between the lessons, which is very helpful if you want to learn and improve your French as much as possible.