Hello, my name is Cristina and I'm Italian.
I'm a young and motivated online teacher of Italian to foreigners and English since 2015. I graduated from the University of Bari (Italy) in Languages and Didactics and in 2016 I obtained DITALS Certification of Competence in Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language. The DITALS Certification is a cultural qualification granted by the University for Foreigners of Siena that certifies the possession of the theoretical and practical competences needed to fulfill the role of teacher of the Italian language to foreigners after an examination consisting of written and oral assignments.
My cultural background is focused on three important aspects:
- Study of languages: I’m fluent in English and intermediate in German.
- Study of language didactics: approaches and methods used to teach a language.
- Study of Italian language and literature.
While I was student, I had the opportunity to make experiences abroad. I studied in Germany and in Latvia. During this time I taught Italian to foreigners. It was a great experience and I considerably improved my teaching skills.
In 2015 I carried out an internship at "Dante Alighieri Society - School of Italian Language and Culture for Foreigners", a renowned society that promotes Italian culture and language around the world and is present in more than 60 countries.
Beside languages, I have many other interests. I love music, movies, graphic arts and I do serigraphy. I'm an enthusiastic traveller and I also love nature and wellness, I personally take care of a small vegetable garden in my house and practice yoga.
- DITALS Certification of Competence in Teaching Italian as a Foreign Language (University for Foreigners of Siena);
- Master in Languages and Didactics (University of Bari);
- Bachelor Degree in Languages (University of Bari).
- 2015-present: Corporate Teacher of Italian to foreigners on mYngle;
- September 2014/June 2015: Private Italian and English teacher in Latvia;
- July 2014/September 2014: Intership at "Dante Alighieri Society - School of Italian Language and Culture for Foreigners";
- September 2013/February 2014: Private Italian and English teacher in Germany;
- September 2012/April 2013: English Teacher at "Anteas Organization".
The aim of my teaching approach is the development of the communicative competence of the student, which means the ability to listen and to interact in the foreign language.
The students will be able to enter immediately into the heart of the chosen foreign language, focusing firstly on the oral production (conversation) and, in a second time, the student will be able to deduce the grammatical and syntax rules.
In order to create a personal course plan is important to understand and define the goals that the students want to reach. During the first lesson I do the need's analysis of the student and the assessment of the level of language.
Each lesson is based on different activities (for example the simulation of a colloquial situation, reading and discussion of newspaper articles; viewing and discussion of videos, etc.) and the topics and the material I provide reflect the interests of the student (art, culture, politics, society, business, etc.).
Tutor not yet rated.