I am Sophia Lee, living in Seoul, Korea and a native speaker of Korean. I gained a certificate in Teaching Korean over 10 years ago. I speak complete standard Korean and am a very good speaker and writer in Korean. I am also learning Spanish. I have over 10 years experience in Teaching. I've been teaching Korean successfully from teenagers to adults and beginner to advanced level. I've taught university and graduate students, professionals and executives of companies from various countries.
I majored in English literature and have good knowledge in English which helps me to teach you Korean. I also taught English at institutions for several years before as a supervisor and a teacher. I lived in Canada for about 5 years in the past as well.
I'm friendly, responsible, patient and very supportive. My classes are very professional and effective. I can help you with your listening, speaking, reading and writing(including diaries, letters and essays) efficiently. I'm able to teach from the very basic level (how to read Hangeul) in an easy way. I also teach business Korean and TOPIK Ⅰand Ⅱ. I always give corrections and feedback on your homework.
You will be able to speak and write well in Korean. Many Students improved their Korean skills a lot by either in person or skype lessons with me.
Making mistake is a natural process in learning a foreign language. Please, remember it and don't be afraid to make mistakes.Mistakes will teach you more. I am here to be with you in the journey of learning Korean.
You can ask me whenever you have questions related to learning Korean.I always answer to my students. Don't hesitate to contact me, please. I'll reply to you soon.
When you contact me, include the time and the days you prefer for the lessons, your Korean level and what you want to focus on in detail, please.
Here are details of my classes.
1. Hangeul, The Korean Alphabet (How it sounds and how to read and write)
2. Survival Korean for Tourists
3. Korean for Beginner Level
4. Korean for Intermediate Level
5. Korean for Advanced Level
6. Grammar - Beginner
7. Grammar - Intermediate
8. Korean composition for all levels
- How to construct natural Korean Sentences (For Beginner level)
- How to write diaries, letters, essays (For over intermediate level)
9. Conversational Korean (Only for over intermediate level)
10. Business Korean (Only for advanced level)
11. TOPIK Ⅰ
12. TOPIK Ⅱ
* Extra help will be offered for free out of class according to students' level
* Group classes are also available.
* Certificate in Instructor Of Korean As a Foreign Language (2005)
* Certificate in Basic Counselling Course for teachers (2005)
* Bachelor’s in English Literature (2006)
* Bachelor’s in Korean Language as a Foreign Language, National License Level 2 in Teaching Korean (2016~2018)
* English Teacher
- A teacher, supervisor, teacher trainer in English academy franchisers (2002~2010)
- Private and group tutoring (2002~2016)
* Korean Private tutor in person and online (2006~present)
The trial lesson is to check your Korean level in all areas of learning Korean, listening, speaking, reading and writing. It takes about 30 minutes. We will talk further about our lessons. You can feel free to ask questions you have as well.
If you have any specific books or materials that you want to use, let me know, please. Otherwise, I will choose good one for you.
My classes are very individualized. We will focus on the parts you need to improve. If you are a very beginner, we will study in the way to improve all area of learning Korean so that you do not have any gaps and have solid foundation.
If you feel or I think you have a lot of gaps in Korean grammars and expressions, I will suggest you good ways to fill them.
In general, our goals are to speak and write natural Korean and understand spoken and written Korean very well.
Tutor not yet rated.