¡Hola a todos!
My name is Patricia. I'm a native Spanish speaker and a teacher. I've been teaching Spanish and English as a second languages for 14 years now and every day I enjoy my job even more!
I did my Spanish Philology and Literature studies, and learned how to become a teacher at the National University of Salta.
I'm a committed, responsible and professional person, who is always eager to learn new things and in permanent training. My patience is infinite and I can find around a thousand ways to explain something if it's necessary :)
I can make a course specifically for you, according to your knowledge, needs, interests and requests. In 14 years doing this, I've never taught the same course twice. I can even compile and produce tailor-made study material for you. Since I'm absolutely passionate about Spanish, I've studied its different varieties around the world, so I can guarantee that with my classes you'll be able to speak in any Spanish speaking country.
Over the years I've worked with a wide variety of students from teenagers to adults, from complete beginners to proficient people who just wanted to practice speaking. I also help students prepare for the DELE exams, I've done so in the past several years with excellent results.
I'm in love with languages and communication and teaching is my calling, my passion. With me grammar will never ever be an issue, furthermore, I can promise you that sometimes you'll even enjoy it and have fun!
I'd be more than happy to discuss with you what is the best way for you to learn from scratch or improve your Spanish in no time.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
• Private face-to-face and online ELE, ESL and DELE (Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera) teacher in Dossenheim, Germany.
• Studies coordinator and ELE/ESL teacher at Spanish Lessons in Salta, Argentina
• ESL teacher for employees at the mining company ADY Limited Resources, Enirgi Group in Salta, Argentina.
• ELE teacher for American students beneficiaries of the Fulbright Scholarship Program in Salta, Argentina.
• Spanish Language and Literature teacher for 14, 15, 16 year-old students at Instituto San Bernardo in Salta, Argentina.
• ELE teacher at Instituto de Idioma y Cultura Bien Argentino, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
• Organizer and teacher of a Spanish Language and Literature workshop for 13 and 14 year-old students at Colegio Secundario Nº 5029 Ejército del Norte , Salta, Argentina.
• Lecturer at several workshops on Spanish Language and Literature at Colegio Secundario Nº 5035 Batalla de Salta, Argentina.
• Lecturer and organizer of a Reading Comprehension and Writing workshop for students with communication difficulties at Colegio de Jesús, Salta, Argentina.
• Teacher and organizer of an orientation course in Spanish Language about cognitive and linguistic strategies for reading comprehension and writing at Profesorado Superior de Lenguas Vivas, Salta, Argentina.
• ESL teacher for university students at Universidad Nacional de Salta, Argentina.
• Freelance translator and proofreader English/Spanish for Duolingo, Hotelchamp, Famous Birthdays among others.
My teaching methodology changes and adapts according to each of my students, this ensures a successful learning experience for every one of them, every time. How I teach you Spanish/English will depend mostly on you, on how you learn best.
Before the lessons begin, I'd need you to take a placement test so I can have a better idea of what you know, how you learned it, and what needs to be practiced some more.
I always plan my courses and classes in advance but making them flexible enough to be able to change them along the way and add different contents if needed.
We usually begin with some small talk about your day or your weekend or your plans for the week, for example. After this, we check the homework and answer any doubts or questions there may be. Once everything is understood and explained, we can start with the current topic of the lesson.
If you take classes with me, you will always have a homework to do :)
I keep a log of each lesson where I write down the contents we're studying and how you're doing on each of them. When it's an individual tailor-made course, it is quite easy to see the student's progress and needs. When classes are mainly conversational and focused on improving verbal communication, for example, I usually work with a wide variety of texts. We read them, we make a vocabulary, we answer questions about them, and then we transfer the topics from the texts to you. Here you can express opinions and relate the gist of them to events from your own life, for instance. The more "natural" these talks are, the more you're going to find them useful.
Tutor not yet rated.