My name is Eman Magdoub. I am from Egypt. I have a B.A. in English. I am TEFL certified with a near native accent. As regards my teaching experience, I have 2 years teaching experience both online and in person. I taught different age groups and different nationalities. I taught Egyptian First, second and third graders in person (in a classroom setting) and taught Japanese and Chinese adults online. In addition, I have been intermittently teaching Egyptian adults online since 2015.
I’m also experienced in Business English writing as I worked for an oil service company for more than 12 years where I was responsible for the English correspondence, company profile & website text writing.
I believe I would be the perfect fit for my future students for the following reasons: First, I am patient, friendly and understanding. Second, my classes are fun and beneficial. Third, I believe in the importance of continuously encouraging my students and in relating my lessons as much as possible to real life.and last but not least, my lessons are customized to my students’ levels and needs.
I really enjoy it when my students communicate in English. I love teaching very much.
- B.A in English, 2000
Alsun Faculty Ain Sams University
Courses and Certificates:
- Teacher of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) – 120 Hour Online Course-
International TEFL & TESOL Training (ITTT)- September 2015.
- Certificates of Mastery of the following: (Online Course) - November 2012
Communication Fundamentals, Communicating, Communicating with Power,Grammar, Advanced Grammar, Punctuation
- Effective Business Writing (Online Course) - American English Institute- November 2006.
- Effective Business English for Service Staff - Udemy.com– November 2017
- Online Private English Teacher for Egyptian Adult Students (Business English- General English & English Conversation) 2015- current
- Online English Teacher, ACADSOC- August-September 2018
- Online English Teacher for Japanese Adults, Bibo Global Opportunity- December 2015-February 2016
- Business Development Coordinator & Administrative Assistant, Drexel Oilfield Equipment- August 2005- May 2018
Marketing Senior Specialist: Responsible for English Content Writing (for the company’s website, company profile, correspondence, newsletters, marketing letters…)
Correspondence with customers and diving personnel.
Proposals (following up bid bond issuance- editing proposals if required)
Translating Arabic documents into English
- English Teacher (Homeroom teacher), Nefertari International Schools- August 2001- August 2003
Teaching English to First, Second and Third graders
With regards to my teaching approach, I use the Total Physical Response (TPR) teaching method and the Communicative Language Teaching approach depending on my student's age and level. I use games suitable to student's age and the lesson being taught. As an example, I use 'Simon Says' for kids and role play both for kids and adults to teach new vocabulary and different verbs for instance. I give much attention to pronunciation and grammar.
I always make sure that my students understand everything and that everything is clear.
In a conversation class,for instance, I set up situations that students are likely to encounter in real life and allow them to speak 85% of the lesson. I correct their mistakes and give them notes at the end of the lesson so that they can get back to them whenever they want.
My classes are fun and beneficial.
Tutor not yet rated.