My name is Meisam Ziafar. I am from Iran. I have a PhD in ELT. I have taught English face-to-face for almost fourteen years. I have experience teaching general English, conversation, ESP, American accent, TOEFL and IELTS test preparation courses. I have taught English online as an English native speaker since 2014. I have also taught Teaching as a Foreign Language (TEFL) courses at the university.
As a teacher, I have always thought of language teaching as an opportunity to empower those who need to promote themselves. I think a good language teacher takes into account learners’ needs and interests, motivates them, and even ignites in them the willingness to initiate and interact. In my opinion, knowing a language means the capacity to successfully function in language through employing the most acceptable structures. I consider myself a successful teacher only if my language learners can easily and fluently retrieve what they have learned and get the most out of their communicative experiences. I always try to relate what I teach to what language learners are already familiar with to facilitate the retrieval and use of what they learn.
1. Online native tutor for 4 years at abc360
2. Online native tutor since 2018 at panda abc
3. Online native tutor since 2018 at eigox
4. Online tutor since 2018 at PalFish
5. Face to face English teacher for 14 years at different language institutes
6. Test-oriented English (TOEFL and IELTS) teacher
7. Assistant professor at Islamic Azad University
8. Lecturer for ESP courses and ELT courses at the university
9. Author (articles about language teaching and learning)
10. American Accent trainer
My teaching philosophy has always been relating what students encounter with their own immediate lives. In my opinion, this is the best way to contextualize language teaching and learning and to add meaning to what students practice as the main feature of task-based language teaching. This promotes their interest, focus and willingness and enhances their involvement with the learning process. Because of all these reasons, I commit myself to a language teaching approach which brings my students’ immediate experience into play as they are working on a rather distant language they need to master.
Tutor not yet rated.