Bachelor of Philosophy, I have been teaching English since 1998. I am a CELTA holder and I have published a gamebook in English.
I prepare tailor-made courses using many methodologies according to the students' needs. Mostly we focus on the communicative and the inductive approaches, which help students develop their language skills in the most effective ways.
I am a caring tutor but also demanding, because I believe everyone has the capacity to unfold her/his ability to learn multiple languages and benefit from it. It does not need to take a long time if only the student understands that responsibility, motivation, and commitment are the key factors of learning.
02/19 – 05/19
Casa Thomas Jefferson (Binational Centre – BNC)
* CELTA – Certificate of English Language Teacher for Speakers of Other Languages (01/2019).
* Teacher of English to adults, teenagers and children (10 to 60 years old), in groups (5 to 20 people), in all levels (A1 to C1).
* I worked at an elementary school (Maristinha) and at Thomas’ branches (Taguatinga, Asa Sul, Lago Sul).
* This dynamic work environment helped me improve my teaching skills and digital literacy.
03/13 – 12/18
PRIVATE ENGLISH TEACHER
* Teacher of English and Portuguese as a Foreign Language
* Research, production and edition of texts and videos. Proofreading manuscripts and advising writers on book publishing.
03/05 – 02/13
CHANCERY OFFICER (ATTACHÉ)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Itamaraty (MRE)
Brasília-DF / New Delhi, India
01/03 – 11/03
COMMERCIAL REPRESENTATIVE / PROMOTER
* I gave lectures in several cities in Brazil on the subjects: education of youth and children, teaching of philosophy in schools, and adoption of reflective pedagogical practices.
* I visited more than 200 public and private schools throughout Brazil, promoting pedagogical proposals and textbooks prepared by Sophos Publishing House in partnership with CFEP - Centre for Philosophy "Education for Thought".
06/00 – 11/02
In Touch Communication and Arts Centre
* English teacher for all levels and ages.
01/98 – 12/02
BACHELOR OF PHILOSOPHY
State University of Campinas - UNICAMP (Campinas-SP, Brazil)
02/00 – 05/00
INTERNSHIP IN TOURISM
Disney World International (Orlando, USA)
* Supervised training in customer service for the entertainment industry (show business) in one of the best companies in the world, according to the list published annually by Fortune 100's.
* "Business Seminars" course at Disney University (8 hours).
8th BRAZ-TESOL National Convention - Presenter (Florianópolis-SC, 2002).
4th Southern Cone Tesol Convention (Curitiba-PR, 2001).
I believe that different approaches are needed when it comes to TEFL/ESL. In basic levels, more drilling is necessary. In advanced levels, the best approaches are the task-based, the inductive and the communicative ones.
In any case, we as teachers must do our best to keep a low TTT (teacher-talking time) and a high STT (student-talking time). We must have classroom management skills, give quality feedback, be attentive, caring and supportive.
We must inspire motivation and energy and give students' tools for them to organize themselves and keep learning independently.
In short, we go from teacher-centred and controlled approaches to student-centred and communicative-creative ways of teaching.
Professor de idiomas com mais de 20 anos de experiência.
Bacharel em filosofia, escritor, editor e revisor de textos.
Gosto de estudar línguas, ensinar, ler e escrever. Sou professor de PLE (Português Língua Estrangeira) e de inglês (certificado CELTA - Universidade de Cambridge). Tenho ampla experiência em aprender e ensinar idiomas e já estudei Latim, Grego, Hindi, Alemão, Russo, Kamayurá, Inglês, Francês, Espanhol e Esperanto.
Trabalhei em diversas escolas e empresas privadas, para órgãos do Governo e organizações sem fins lucrativos.
Minha especialidade é o ensino da língua inglesa, mas uso as técnicas pedagógicas no ensino de outros idiomas, inclusive o português.
O português do Brasil apresenta uma fonética particularmente difícil, além de grande diferença entre a forma oral e a escrita, o que torna sua aprendizagem bastante desafiadora.
Sou apaixonado pelo meu idioma nativo e simplesmente adoro ensinar português.
Abordagem comunicativa (role-playing) e baseada em tarefas, abordando vocabulário por temas e também por registros/ocorrências.
O foco principal é a fonética e o uso prático da língua, muito além de regras gramaticais rígidas.
Nosso objetivo é fazer você falar português.
Uma língua musical, que é pura paixão e poesia!
Tutor not yet rated.