¡Hola! My name is Gabriela , I am an enthusiastic and devoted Spanish Teacher with excellent communication skills demonstrated by 8 years of teaching Spanish as a second language.
I have strong skills in managing students and maximizing learning opportunities in diverse classroom settings.
2006 Degree in Filología Española ( Spanish studies) -Costa Rica University
2011 ELE Diploma (Español como Lengua Extranjera) Teaching Spanish as a second language - Cervantes Escuela Internacional – Madrid (Spain)
2004 TOEIC Fluent 900 Costa Rica University (UCR),
Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) Practitioner diploma – Costa Rica
Freelance online Spanish teacher.
• Determined learning needs and styles of each student and targeted lesson plans to meeting those needs.
• Communicated effectively with students and provided valuable leadership and mentorship.
Online Spanish teacher volunteer for a Brazilian community
• Worked closely with Brazilian children community in a rural village school as a part time Spanish teacher of grades 7 and improving the pass rates for both subjects by 74 - 95%.
• Organized school's existing resources into a functioning library, and got books donated through Brazilian organizations.
Spanish teacher - International school Milan, Italy
• Created Spanish language curriculum for 10-14 year old Italian students based on their skill levels
• Taught lessons for an assigned group in a private classroom asserting responsibility for all students and resolving issues with limited to no assistance from supervisors.
• Maintained regular communication with parents, met for parent-teacher conferences, maintained important documentation of students' progress.
Spanish teacher European School (Costa Rica),
• Developed curriculum that was appropriate for students learning abilities and reflected their needs and interests
• Worked collaboratively with students, families, and school staff in order to place students in suitable Spanish programs and universities
• Managed and motivated over 30 students per week
• Maintained policies & rules of the school
• Extensive experience teaching many aspects of Spanish to high school students, from literature, to grammar and composition, to film and culture review
• An outgoing, dynamic, and fun personality and teaching style
• Excellent public relations skills, communication skills, and interpersonal skills
• Experience teaching Advanced Placement classes and preparing students for the DELE Spanish exam
• Ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure, very motivated
• Flexible and adaptable to change
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
Tutor not yet rated.