Olá! O meu nome é Brena. I am Portuguese and I really enjoy being in contact with people of different nationalities!
I teach Portuguese language to foreign students, as my university degree is specialized in teaching it as a foreign language. I am passionate about what I do and my goal is make sure my students are successful in their learning process. So far, I have helped learners to acquire Portuguese as a foreign language, to write essays, to analyze literature, to understand historical events and ultimately to feel engaged in a different culture.
All my students were successful in their learning. Those who live in Portugal no longer have problems fitting in, in fact they are thrilled for being able to easily communicate with native speakers, and to understand our traditions. Those who were learning Portuguese language for professional purposes only, are now able to easily speak and understand the other, as well as reading and writing in the language of our great writers Camões and Fernando Pessoa.
I am looking forward to meeting you online!
Será um prazer conhece-lo! / It will be a pleasure to meet you!
- PhD in Letters (completion of 1st year’s study: preliminary course and seminar) - University of Beira Interior – Faculty of Arts and Letters (Covilhã, Portugal);
- Master Degree in Didactic, Cultural, Linguistic and Literary Studies - University of Beira Interior – Faculty of Arts and Letters (Covilhã, Portugal);
- University Degree in Portuguese Language and Culture for Foreign People - University of Lisbon - Faculty of Letters (Lisbon, Portugal);
- First Certificate of English (level B2, CEFR) - Cambridge University, UK
- Certificate of Pedagogical and Teaching Competence - Professional Job and Training Institute (Portugal)
- Teacher of Portuguese language at Eastleigh College (Eastleigh, EN)
- Tutor at an Academy of Studies and Personal Development (Lisbon, PT)
- Teacher of English language - secondary school (Prague, CZ)
- Teacher of English language - technical school (Prague, CZ)
- Teacher of Portuguese language - language school (Prague, CZ)
- Tutor of Portuguese language - freelancer (PT / CZ)
- Comenius Assistant - secondary school (Prague, CZ)
I believe we all gain by exchanging ideas and cultures, after all today’s world is getting more cosmopolitan every day. Considering this, from my point of view, it is of great value for students to have the opportunity to learn from native teachers. No one better can give them the feeling of how a foreign country works. I also believe that the process of teaching and learning is much more interesting when there is a strong personal component.
Teachers / tutors must be effective in their teaching methods but they also must be captivating, communicative and open-minded. Good relationships often lead to successful and effective learning, and it is true that teachers play a very important role in one’s life, whether being a child, a teenager, or an adult.