Verbalplanet.com collects and processes your data based on 'Legitimate Interest'.
Legitimate Interest means we have a legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information if:
We have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
When you provide your personal details to us we use your information for a variety of legitimate interests which are ultimately aimed at providing the best possible service to both language students and language tutors. In deciding what data to collect and how we use your data, we carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
Examples of where we have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing your data are:
• Providing our basic service of facilitating language lessons between students and tutors
• Listing tutor profile information for public view by existing and potential students
• Administration and statistics to assist in running our business efficiently
• Enhancing, modifying or improving our services
• Maintaining the security of our system
• Answering questions you submit to us
• Identifying usage trends
• Marketing which has a minimal impact on your privacy
• Defending our legal rights
• Prevention of fraud
In all cases, we consider carefully what data to collect and how we use it. Our overriding principle is that we will not collect and process data unnecessarily and will not use it in ways which you would not expect.
Details of the key personal data we collect from students, whether this data is optional or compulsary to use Verbalplanet.com and who we share the data with, is shown below. A full report of all data we hold on any user is available on request.
Details of the key personal data we collect from tutors, whether this data is optional or compulsary to use Verbalplanet.com and who we share the data with, is shown below. A full report of all data we hold on any user is available on request.
Appropriate measures are taken to protect your personal information including making a regular backup of our system and data. Your account is password protected and all information is on a secure server, which only a limited number of employees can access.
Even though we take appropriate technical steps to protect your security we cannot and do not provide any guarantees regarding the effectiveness of the security we employ or our ability to prevent third parties from acting unlawfully and obtaining information that you provide to us. By using Verbalplanet.com you accept and acknowledge that data transmission over the internet cannot be guaranteed as 100% secure and that you use the website at your own risk.
Verbalplanet.com does not store financial details including debit and credit card numbers. Users will be required to enter their financial details each time a transaction is made through Verbalplanet.com. Verbalplanet.com utilizes Verisign encryption technology to ensure the protection of your financial details whilst completing transactions.
Verbalplanet.com and Verbal Planet Ltd reserve the right to monitor communications between users. All users consent to the monitoring of communication, via any of the functions we make available, for the purposes of protecting the integrity and security of Verbalplanet.com, protecting users from abuse, detecting fraud and attempts to avoid our fee structure.
The cookies used on the website do not collect your personal information. Some of our web pages may contain invisible electronic tags that allow us to count users that have visited certain pages. You cannot be identified by these tags and they are not issued by us but by the relevant advertising provider.
We keep personal data: for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for; as required by law; or to enforce or defend legal claims. Sometimes we will keep information that you have deleted, for example messages sent by you to other registered Verbalplanet.com users. We will keep this information for a reasonable time.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) gives everyone a number of very important rights. These are:
• Transparency over how we use your personal information (right to be informed)
• Request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month (right of access)
• Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong (right of rectification)
• Ask us to stop using your information (right to restrict processing)
• Ask us to remove your personal information from our records (right to be 'forgotten')
• Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes (right to object)
• Not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing (automated decision making and profiling)
Verbalplanet.com may contain links to other websites. Neither Verbalplanet.com or Verbal Planet Ltd is responsible for the privacy policies of other sites.