For those who enjoy the challenge of learning Arabic language, or have an interest in Arab culture and affairs, whatever your motive is : work, travel or just for fun, I would be glad to help you .
My name is Alaa Eid , a native male Arabic speaker, descending from Egyptian - Levantine roots .
I speak both Egyptian and Levantine dialects fluently, as well as modern standard Arabic. Teaching Arabic is my greatest interest as it is the tool by which I can help learners not only acquire the Arabic language but also understand the Arabic culture
Throughout many years of teaching experience, my students believe I am a highly energetic and enthusiastic individual with the knowledge and skills needed to enhance both spoken and written Arabic.
Besides my ability to establish a supportive relationship with learners, my students also remark that I am confident , patient and enthusiastic about working with adults as well as children.
I have 12 years of accumulated experience in teaching Arabic to learners of various categories and students of different countries and different ages . I have also been teaching a variety of subjects related to the Arabic language: The Alphabets, Grammar rules, Literature, Rhetoric, Poetry and Tajweed & Recitation rules .
My main major is Architecture, but my love for the Arabic language outdid all the other passions and interests.
- Attended classes on teaching Arabic for non native speakers of Arabic at the American University in Cairo.
- Studied Arabic for two years at the Preacher Training Centre in Giza 1998 - 2000.
- Studied Arabic for two years at Al Hosary Institute of Qirâ'ât 2001 -2003 .
- Currently enrolled in the 3rd year at Institute of Qirâ'ât - Al Azhar .
- Currently enrolled in the 3rd year at the ( Faculty of Arts ) - Department of English - Arabic Translation Cairo University .
- I have been teaching Arabic for non-native speakers of Arabic from different countries: Italy, Netherlands, France and Iran.
- I designed and developed my own teaching material which included: worksheets, exercises, explanatory notes, and flash cards. Besides, I can teach the other popular text books: Al-Kitab, Al-'Arabiyyah bayna Yadayka, Al-Madianah, etc.
- Assessing the students' progress and giving them feedback to ensure that they are on the right track.
- Tutored several children in primary grades who had difficulties with Alphabets .
- Tutored students in preparatory and secondary schools who had difficulties with Arabic grammar and literature .
- Have been teaching Tajweed Recitation rules for about 20 years as I learnt it by heart since the age of 16 .
- Assisted in a Master research entitled ( Al Moshtarak Allafthi ) - The faculty of Arts - Department of Arabic - Cairo University 2006 .
- Excellent fluency in English, completed the advanced Levels at The International British Institute.
- I have been teaching English to students of Several grades .
Teaching by telling is an ineffective mode of instruction for most students.
Students must be intellectually active to develop a functional understanding. I use the interactive teaching approach in which I :
- Encourage student participation.
- Use questions that stimulate response, discussion and a hands-on experience.
- Use teaching aids that press for answers, and capture and hold the student’s attention.
- Involve myself as well as the student.
- Use role play
- Use debates
- Use games and competitions
Tutor not yet rated.