My name is Margherita, I'm Italian and I live in Milan.
I really like languages and I've studied them throughout my life. My students come from many different countries: United Kingdom, Russia, Spain, France, Brazil, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Poland, Turkey, Australia, China, Indonesia, Argentina and United States. I’m an Italian native speaker and I live in Italy, so I’m exposed all day to inputs in real, contemporary Italian and this helps me teach you the authentic language as it’s currently used in Italy. I speak seven languages, so I know the challenges you'll face when learning a new one!
2500+ one-to-one Skype lessons to students from different countries and backgrounds.
BA - Foreign languages and cultural studies, major in Spanish and French / Università degli Studi di Milano 2002 - 2005
DITALS di I livello - Certificate in teaching Italian to foreigners (specialization: adults and seniors) / Università per Stranieri di Siena 2017
Diploma superior de español - C2 / Universidad de Salamanca 1998
Diplôme de traduction écrite et orale Français-Italien / Université Stendhal - Grenoble III 2003
CPE: Certificate of Proficiency in English - Level: C2 / University of Cambridge 2005
Zertifikat Deutsch B2 / Goethe-Institut 2013
TRKI - TORFL (Test of Russian as a Foreign Language) B1 Russian Ministry of Education and Science 2015
What to expect:
- Structured teaching, based on communicative-approach textbooks which cover all aspects of language learning.
- Materials sent by email before each lesson.
- The choice of materials is tailor-made and based on many factors: current level of the student, distance of their mother tongue from Italian, goals and learning style.
- If you have specific goals or weak points, I’ll add extra activities to the lessons or as homework.
- Homework is not compulsory; however, please keep in mind that learning a language is fun and effective only when both the student and the teacher put some effort into it.
- Conversation is integrated into lessons that cover all aspects of language learning and conversation skills are mainly developed through activities which simulate real-life situations.
- During lessons I usually speak Italian, but we can switch to your language whenever it’s needed. I can use English, French, Spanish and Portuguese and, with more patience on my students’ part, German and Russian.
Tutor not yet rated.