I am 1.66 m tall and have a bubbly, talkative personality. I am an avid reader and cinephile. I enjoy most movies and my favorite author is Wilbur Smith. I have many other interests which include: dancing , family - orientated activities , hiking and spending time with my friends. I also enjoy a good coffee outing every now and then.
I am most inspired by Maya Angelou. I am most inspired by her upbringing and her strength. My favorite color is purple and my astrological sign is a Taurus. I would most like to travel to Paris , France in the future. I am an amateur photographer and graphics designer. I am also a social media marketing manager and liaison to a travel agency , when I am not teaching.
I am a bit of foodie, I enjoy tasting new food and experiencing new , interesting and exotic flavors. My favorite food is between Sushi, seafood and Italian food. I am also an advocate for animal and human rights. I believe everyone should be treated equally and fairly. Having said that , I love speaking to everyone, I believe you learn something new from every person you speak to. I am currently on my own path and journey of success. I look forward to helping others on their journeys in any way that I can.
I have three and a half years of online teaching experience .
I have taught for the following companies :
TutorAbc (2014 - 2017) :
- Provide conversation with foreign language learners about relevant everyday topics
- Assess and Evaluate learners on their level of English
- Provide a nurturing, friendly and professional environment within an online classroom
- Make use of different mediums to allow understanding/comprehension from 1 - 6 learners within an online classroom
-Providing written language answers and corrections to online questions asked by students
- Handle Emergency online sessions when needed
- Correct students in fluency, pronunciation , comprehension and help them build self-confidence within spoken English .
Topica NATIVE(2017 - 2018) :
- teaching between 1 - 6 adult students
- teaching them pronunciation , speaking , comprehension skills , listening and understanding , free talk and grammatical structures and phrasal word usage
- teaching intermediate and beginner level students
- teaching students in a structured and creative environment
- dealing with technical issues within the online teaching platform
-providing feedback , assessment and evaluation reports for each individual student during and when bringing the class to a close (assessments based on grammar , vocabulary and pronunciation ) .
- providing cover assistance for when teachers can't make their classes
Verbling(2017 - 2018) :
- preparing and creating personalized lesson plans for the needs of individual students
- Assisting students within classes with accent reduction , IELTS preparation , pronunciation , grammar (including chunking , linking sounds and global literature) , conversational skills , comprehension skills and listening skills. I also assist with vocabulary enrichment.
- Providing specialized business courses for Businessmen/women learning English
- Providing American English Assimilation courses
- Providing Educational videos and English training outside of the lessons
- Providing and marking of homework
- Teaching adults and children of all ages
- Assisting younger students with their English tasks , projects and given homework
I have also taught numerous private students from all over the world.
I also have my TEFL accreditation , which I obtained from the TEFL Professional Development Institute in 2016.My TEFL course was 120 hours long and I achieved a higher distinction I am currently working towards my CELTA accreditation course.
Please let me know if you would like any references.
My teaching style is very relaxed , passionate , personable and enthusiastic. I tailor my lesson plans based on the needs of my students, usually I do a demo lesson with each student and then assess them on their strengths and weaknesses . During my classes, you will find that I make use of many different mediums .I provide lesson plans based on daily news, reading , speaking , grammar , pronunciation and many other aspects of the English language.
I provide homework , test practice , reading files and links. I also provide helpful speaking tips , reading tips , useful videos and other eclectic teaching methods . I also make use of music and props for when teaching children. I do provide ready-made lesson plans in my classes, however I am also able to create unique and professional lesson plans of my own should they be required. Examples of my lesson plans and classes can be provided should they be required for any student that feels uneasy.
However , you need not worry . I focus on providing classes that are fun , challenging , positively reinforced and well-structured . You will also find that I am extremely patient and easy-going in all of my classes .
Tutor not yet rated.