I am from London, England. I have been teaching English for over 3 years in schools and companies around the world. I have been teaching online permanently for 6 months now and I love it. It is great to meet so many people from different cultures all over the world and get to know them and help them progress with the language.
- Traveling is a big passion of mine. I have been traveling and living in different countries for the last two years.
- I love art and literature. I am a painter in my spare time and I am always reading books.
- I enjoy most sports, outdoor activities, yoga and generally keeping fit.
- I have been learning Spanish for the last year whilst living in Spanish speaking countries. I understand what it is like to be a student and the difficulties and frustrations that come with learning a new language. So I would be happy to help you!
I have a TESOL/TEFL qualification and a bachelors degree. I have taught in many different schools and companies in several countries such as Costa Rica, Prague, Ecuador and England.
I have been teaching online for 6 months. I worked for EF (EnglishTown), a very reputable online company, for 4 months. I now work for an online company called Zamenhof as well as providing my own private lessons via Skype.
- My lessons are very friendly and relaxed, with a mixture of general conversation and academic practice.. however I will adapt the class to suit your needs and focus on any specific topics or skills that you require.
- I have a large variety of materials for you to practice with (videos, audio files, news articles, games and exercises) and I try to make lessons as enjoyable as possible.
- Materials include coursebooks such as 'Headway' (USA) and 'SpeakOut' (British) which are considered to be among the best ESL coursebooks. All materials are free for you.
- I believe that learning a language should be fun and interesting - if you are not enjoying the lessons then you are not learning to the best of your ability. However it also requires some hard work and dedication.
- I will use our first free lesson to get to know you and find out what your goals and expectations are for the classes. From there I will work with you to create lessons that you will find interesting and engaging and that will help you with any weaknesses or problems you have.
I look forward to meeting you!
My first lesson with Joe was really great! Joe is a excellent English tutor. Before the lesson he provided me very useful materials specially aimed at my purposes. And he was focused on my needs during the talk. I surely recommend him to everyone.