I am a highly professional, goal orientated and passionate ESL teacher with experience in teaching ESL to a wide variety of students with diverse backgrounds, elementary to university, beginners to advanced. I have always had a passion for working with children. I believe that watching my students improve and become more confident in a subject they once struggled in, is one of the best feelings in the world.
My qualifications include a Professional TEFL/TESOL Certificate from Global Leadership College. My professional experience includes one year as an English teacher in South Korea.
As a teacher at Reading Star Academy in Gwangju, South Korea, I oversaw the instruction of over 80 students. This role demanded the regular creation of lesson plans, learning materials, preparation of progress reports and student evaluations. I taught and prepared for one hour ESL reading, writing, phonics and speaking classes daily.
With the aforementioned skills, international experience and my passion for language education and working with children, I believe I would be an ideal tutor for your ESL needs. I look forward to being able to the discuss the position with you further.
2013: Global Leadership College.
2008-2013: Dalhousie University.
Bachelors of Art: Sociology and Anthropology
Nov. 2015- Present
Founder and Owner: Ffeon.com. (Online, Website)
- Started an online ESL tutoring website
- Worked closely with website developer to create own vision
- Worked with translators to create a multilingual website
- Planned and organized forty minute online ESL lessons
- Created advertisements and marketed the website using social media outlets
Nov. 2013- Nov. 2014
English (ESL) Teacher. J&S Academy: Reading Star Branch. (Gwangju, South Korea)
- Taught ESL in South Korea
- Taught Korean ESL students in elementary school and in University
- Taught class sizes from one-on-one tutoring to thirteen children per class
- Managed children in an appropriate and skilled manner
- Set individual as well as class goals
- Was able to hold the attention of a group of young active children
- Able to remain patient and positive
- Offered students constant support and encouragement
- Highly flexible communication skills with ESL students
- Produced creative, diverse and skill building lesson plans daily and monthly
I combine a few different techniques in my teaching approach. My teaching approach consists of learner-centred, interactive, collaborative and constructive methods.
Learner-centred means the lessons are all premised on the belief that the learner is just as important as the teacher. Both teacher and student are important in having a successful lesson.
Interactive and collaborative lesson plans welcome a partnership between the student and teacher which allows discussion, conversation and more interactive learning methods.
Constructive methods are when the students are expected to connect their knowledge and lessons to prior experience in order to better understand and relate to the material being learnt.
Tutor not yet rated.