Please read carefully the cancellation policy below before booking. Merci!
I'm a Native French speaker, qualified FFL (French as a Foreign Language) Teacher with more than 10 years of Teaching experience behind me. I'm working full-time as a very happy Freelance Teacher in Marseille (France), face-to-face and online. One-to-one teaching is my passion, I've lost count of the number of amazing and fascinating people I've met from all over the world through teaching over the years! As a Teacher, I make a point in adapting my teaching to the students needs and personality. I believe a mature, responsible, and eclectic teaching approach, as well as a good sense of humour, is crucial for a successful learning environment.
I have a MASTER degree in HISTORY OF ART and Archeology and a Bachelor in FRENCH LITERATURE from LA SORBONNE University (Paris) and Poitiers University. I worked many years in museums (chateau de Versailles) and as a Teaching assistant in History of Art at Poitiers University (France). In 2010, I moved to the UK and decided teaching French full-time. I was a French Teaching Assistant in schools and started studying FFL teaching methods. In Cambridge (UK), where I founded 'the French lesson", I taught French to children as young as 2 years old, postgraduates students from Colleges of the University of Cambridge (Trinity College, King's College, Gonville and Caius College...) and professionals, beginners to expert levels.
I OFFER TAILOR-MADE TUITION TO :
- Advanced and Expert levels. I have good experience and I love teaching advanced level students. I can help you break the 'language wall' to get to a higher level. My knowledge and passion for grammar and linguistics will help you improve your skills and hopefully answer the tricky questions sometimes raised by French grammar.
- Complete Beginners and Intermediate levels with a progressive method adapted to the students needs and learning preferences. You will learn the fundamental of spoken French, Vocabulary and Pronunciation to be able to communicate in French as quickly as possible, as well as the essentials of grammar to learn with strong basis and build solid language skills.
I HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCE IN :
- Exams and diplomas in French language preparation (DELF-DALF, CGSE, A levels...) Level A1 to C2
- Professionals coaching : Interview Preparation, Resume/CV editing, Public Speaking, Career advancement
I HAVE GOOD EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH :
- children, teenagers, adults
- Language Teachers
- PHD and Postdoc students (Modern languages, Physics, Biology, Literature, Political science...)
- Researchers and University Professors (Linguistics, Neurology, Psychiatry, History of art, Biology...)
- Sport and Health professionals (Yoga Teachers, Mountain guides, professional athletes, Therapists and coach...)
- Finance, marketing and business professionals
- Writers, journalists
The lessons can focus on any topic you like, technical vocabulary such as Business French, Finance, Medical French, Literature and linguistics, Politics ... French people love speaking about food and politics, I'm no exception :-)
-MASTER Degree in History of art and Archeology (First class honours), PARIS SORBONNE UNIVERSITY and POITIERS UNIVERSITY, France
-DAEFLE (postgraduate degree in Teaching French as a foreign Language/ Alliance Française)
-Teacher training in teaching newly arrived immigrants on alphabetisation and Illiteracy
-Teacher training in teaching students with Dyslexia and learning difficulties
EXPERIENCE IN TEACHING / FRENCH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
*2010-now (Cambridge, UK - Marseille, France) : "The French lessons" - PRIVATE TUTORING
*2015-now : The Red Cross, Volunteer, Campaign against illiteracy. Tutoring : literacy skills, French as a Foreign language for newly arrived immigrants.
*2010-2011 : FRENCH TEACHING ASSISTANT, Broadway East School, Gosforth, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
*2008-2009 : UNIVERSITY TEACHING ASSISTANT in History of Art , University of Poitiers, France
*2012-Now : TRANSLATION/PROOF-READING :
- Lectures proof-reading in History of Art for COLLEGE DE FRANCE (Paris) https://www.college-de-france.fr/site/college/index.htm
- Fauna and Flora International Cambridge UK
- Parker Hannifin, Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
My teaching method is based on the Constructivist method, as well as the Structural Approach. Lessons are tailor-made to suit the student's learning style, needs and aim.
Focusing on oral expression is a priority in an online learning environnement. I will give you every opportunity to express yourself in French, wether you're a beginner or more advanced, in a comfortable and judgement-free environnement. Systematic identification and correction of any bad habits along with grammatical explanations will quickly get you to the next level!
After each lesson I provide exercises and material to give you the opportunity to practice grammar, tenses and learn vocabulary. After the first lesson you will receive a list of ressources and material you can use if you want to develop your language skills by yourself. Practicing on your own on top of the lessons is definitely the most efficient way to learn and improve your French as quickly as possible. I believe that the learner autonomy in Language Learning is essential, and It's my duty to show you how to become more efficient and effective when you study independently.
CANCELLATION POLICY : All cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance or lessons not attended will be charged in full. Alternatively you can reschedule the lessons with no additional booking fees on your Verbalplanet profile, 24 hours prior to the lesson. Thanks for your collaboration!