I am American but I currently live and teach English Majors at a University near Beijing, China. My husband is Bangladeshi and is a doctor teaching foreign students to become doctors . We have two adult children, Brad and Rachel.
My interests are quilting, kayaking, reading, surfing the net, world travel, and volleyball. I gladly extend to you an invitation to book me for a free trial lesson so we can get to know each other and set your learning goals!
* Accomplished teacher with extensive experience in developing curriculum for Chinese/English language and cultural classes
* Exceptional background in designing meaningful and effective coursework that engages students and expedites learning
* Demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to motivate and mentor students of all ages and learning levels
* Practical experience living in China and studying Chinese social sciences
* Able to develop coursework for distance learning
* Bachelor of Arts - Major: Interdisciplinary Studies in Education and Library Studies - University of Maine - Augusta, ME - Honors: GPA-A (summa cum laude)
* 20+ years experience in Early Childhood Education, Special Education, English as a Second Language and Literacy Coordinator
* Currently living and teaching in China
* 5 years experience as an online ESL teacher specializing in IELTS and TOEFL Exams, Business English, Daily English and Basic English for Adults and Children
* Work as a team with students to develop a curriculum that meets their needs
* Use multiple avenues of study, such as video, audio and written
* Incorporate the four basic language skills - speaking, writing, listening, and reading - into each lesson
* Identify students strengths and weakness to help fortify these areas so student can become a fluent speaker
* Fun, interesting and comfortable student goal oriented lessons
* Give positive feedback at the end of each lesson
* All age areas and levels are welcome
* Provide ample time for the student to practice oral language skills
* Flexible, patient, encouraging and helpful
* Student-oriented methodology
Tutor not yet rated.