I'm Fabiana, a well-qualified and adaptable foreign language teacher. I'm an Italian native speaker and highly fluent in Spanish, thanks to my living experience in Spain. Now I live in London and I'm improving my English level (B2).
Languages are my passion: I love improving my skills and understand the easiest method to approach a particular language. For this reason I began this career: it's not only a job but a passion!
My teaching method is based on a communicative approach, that allows the students to actively use the language. You’re going to learn Italian with enthusiasm and motivation and every lesson you will improve and learn something new.
Italian Teacher Assistant (2016-2017)
Madrelingua Srl - Bologna (ITALY)
- Collaborating with teachers to run day-to-day lectures and extracurricular activities,
- Assisting several teachers in the implementation of innovative teaching techniques,
- Managing to create comprehensive learning programmes specifically design upon the individual student’s requirements.
Spanish Tutor (2013-2014)
L’altra Scuola - Monopoli (ITALY)
- Applying teaching principles to help students improve their Spanish skills in both writing and speaking,
- Creating new ways to learn Spanish in a short-time to maximise learning outcomes,
- Dealing with different types of students in terms of ages, learning styles and Spanish level.
Spanish Tutor (2013)
Keys School of English – Monopoli, Italy
- Mentoring underperforming students to achieve a good level in their Spanish classes,
- Approaching tutoring, including both individual and group sessions,
- Planning courses based on a single or collaborative environment.
Master of arts: Italian language and culture for foreigners (2014-2017)
Università di Bologna - Bologna (ITALY)
A professional profile specializes in teaching Italian language and culture to foreigners, using the linguistic and glottological techniques specific to its own field. Final Dissertation in Psychology of Language and Communication: "Embodied Cognition. A Foreign language teaching application"
Bachelor of arts: Foreign Languages and Literatures (2010-2014)
Università degli studi di Bari - Bari (ITALY)
Coursework in Spanish Grammar, Linguistics and Language Development. Coursework in European culture and literature. Spanish Level B2
Università Ca' Foscari Venezia - Venezia (ITALY)
Certification in Teaching the Italian Language to Foreign People (DITALS equivalent)
I base my teaching approach on communication. I believe that teaching a language is not only teaching the grammar, but also all aspects of the language that allows students to communicate actively. For this reason my lessons will cover all the aspect of the language: speaking, grammar, vocabulary, writing, listening and reading.
Additionally we will work with the Italian culture, touching every aspect: movies, songs, literatures will be at the center of our lessons, allowing the student to develop all their communicative competences.
Tutor not yet rated.