Hi, my name is Deo and I am 48 years old. I am a native English speaker, born near Birmingham in the UK, from Indian parents. I am currently living in the South of Spain.
As well as teaching English, my other jobs include graphic/website designer, artist and entrepreneur in online marketing.
What I love about teaching is meeting and learning from different people from around the world and from different walks of life. I have taught very different kinds of students such as teenagers, artists and corporate businessmen. I studied my MA online and so I have experience in studying online.
· HND in Graphic/Website Design, St Helens, Liverpool, UK
· MA in Digital Art, University of London, UK
· English teaching qualification: Trinity College TESOL certificate.
· Various training courses online and offline focusing on different aspects of teaching.
· Sohar University, Oman (General English)
· Scientific College of Design, Oman (CLIL - graphic design in English)
· British Council, Oman (general English for groups)
· Aquitaine Langue, France (general English one-to-one)
· Various companies and banks in Barcelona (business and general English -groups and one-to-one).
· Online teaching (business and general English).
· Discovery Summer for teenagers, Oxford, UK (general English & CLIL: entrepreneurship, website design, animation, Tai Chi)
It’s all about your needs, your time, your aims. During the first class, I will ask you questions so we can determine together what your specific needs and aims are, how much time you have outside of class, etc. This can be revisited as the classes progress.
Type of activities:
· Discussions about topics you are interested in based on a prepared article, audio, video, etc.
· Vocabulary and grammar that arise in the discussions, reading and listening activities are clarified and recorded for future use. They are learnt and practised in context.
· Role-play activities
· Continuous practise of the language we have learnt together so you really know how to use it in different situations.
· Continuous informal assessments in different forms (short presentation, writings, etc.) so you are aware of your progress and we know what to focus on next.
· Anything else you suggest that can help you learn and that you enjoy.
· I am a fan of CLIL (teaching a subject in the language you want to learn).
I teach the following subjects in English so you can learn a skill and improve your English at the same time.
· website design
· graphic design
· plus other possibilities related to design (e.g. Photoshop)
I will give you tips, ideas and resources for immersing yourself in English, a little everyday in your free time. I will suggest podcasts, movies, TV series, online newspapers, games, etc. which suit your interests and level for you to be able to enjoy English in between classes. For example, if you like music you can use a website to watch and listen to music videos and adverts, and fill in the missing words. A quick boost of listening in a playful way! Other resources include BBC podcasts, etc.
Tutor not yet rated.