If you are looking to learn Greek or English from a true language expert, I'm here to help. As a professional linguist with over 10 years of experience in teaching, translating, academic and business communication, a passionate university student and —perhaps most importantly— a true people person, you can be sure that you're in good hands. I've lived for many years in the US, the UK and Greece, and work, study and socialize in both Greek and English, so I can offer you all the cultural context you will ever need.
Whether you are looking to improve your business English so you can better communicate with your international colleagues or get that new project assigned to you, whether you have an important exam coming up or a college assignment to write, whether you just want to improve your Greek so you can learn about the awesomeness of ancient Greek culture or get in touch with the people when visiting the country, I've got you covered.
I can help you learn or improve your English and Greek in highly specialized contexts:
- Exam preparation (Cambridge/Michigan/IELTs/TOEFL etc.)
- Scientific/academic (social and natural sciences, humanities etc.)
- Technical/business (international development, leadership, oral and written communication)
There are many more specific areas we can work on, so don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have. Thanks for reading!
Language proficiency test preparation:
English - IELTS - International English Language Testing System
English - PET - Preliminary English test
English - CPE - Cambridge proficiency english
English - YLE - Young Learners English
English - ECCE - Examination for the Certificate of Competency in English
English - ECPE - Examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in English
English - EPT - English Placement Test
English - MELAB - The Michigan English Language Assessment Batter
English - MET - The Michigan English Test
English - TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language
English - TOEIC - Test of English for International Communication
English - KET - Key English Test
MA in Translation Studies, Cardiff University, UK (Distinction)
Michigan University - ECPE
University of Cambridge Language Center - CPE
My teaching approach combines three core elements:
1) Fluidity and immersion - in our e-classroom, we work towards a flow of communication and get into the gist of English, including cultural elements, expressions
2) A focus on the specific needs of my students - how I teach depends on what truly matters to you, if you need or prefer to work on your grammar, we can do that, if you want to be able to give presentations in English, then we will focus on context and tasks
3) Fun and engagement - the emotional component is the single most important factor in learning, so the main point is for all classes, no matter how serious the content, to be interesting, fun and memorable
I use a variety of materials, ranging from the most traditional textbooks or readers to videos, games (or even video-games) and online activities. As an expert researcher and linguist, I can always find the most suitable tool for every student.
Tutor not yet rated.