My name is Sendy and I help students empower themselves so that they can better contribute to benefitting the world in their unique way. I speak English, Mandarin, Italian and Taiwanese. I have a personal understanding of Eastern & Western cultures being a Taiwanese-born Australian from Sydney who has lived in Europe, Taiwan and Australia. I love organic food, nature, music, sustainability, design and art. I believe sharing different cultures and experiences are essential to living a full life, but above all my spiritual journey has taught me that crucial to living is kindness.
My teaching experience spans over 17 years internationally with students of all ages ranging from age 3 to adult, in individual and group environments both privately and institutionally. I have experience with students from all over the world, including Taiwan, Italy, Czech Republic, China, Japan, Thailand, France, Germany, Switzerland, and more. I studied at the University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia) , Politecnico di Milano (Italy), Australian Institute of Music (Sydney, Australia), Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic) and Sydney Girls High School (selective school for the gifted and talented - Sydney, Australia).
Institutions / programs I have taught with include (in order of age levels):
* Westminster Masterclass Language School: business / conversational English - ESL (adults)
* Sentia Language School: business / conversational English - ESL (adults)
* AH+B College: general English - ESL (adults)
* Oxford College & Specialty Language Centre: high school teaching (high school), high school preparation, business and conversational English - ESL (adults)
* Oxford College (high school)
* Bud'anka High School (for the gifted and talented)
* Tallpoppy Tutors (primary and high schools)
* Headstart English School (primary school)
* An Even Start: an Australian government tuition program associated with the National Assessment Program - Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN)(primary and high schools)
* Jumpstart English School (pre-school)
I facilitate student-centric learning through enjoyment, direct and relevant application, creativity and multi-dimensional integration. I aim to be positive, engaging, stimulating and flexible as each unique student is non-static in his/her personality, learning styles and experience (academically and otherwise). Rather than teaching by one fixed method, I dynamically draw from and fuse various approaches including, but not limited to, Montessori and educational kinesiology. I believe it is important to balance methodic structure with organic flexibility and practical application that is directly and immediately relevant to the student.