My name is Susan Wittmann and I live in Kent, England. Thank you for clicking on my profile. Here is something about me:
* I am a native British speaker with a southern British accent.
* I am a qualified teacher with over 20 years experience.
* I have worked as a Speech and Language Therapist as well as in Human Resources in the retail sector and the National Health Service, before becoming a qualified teacher.
* I offer general English lessons on-line to adults from beginners to advanced level.
* In my spare time, I enjoy reading, cooking, travelling. keeping fit and spending time with my family and our pet rabbits.
* I speak French to an intermediate level ( B1 ) and so I understand from first-hand experience many of the challenges that students have when learning a second language.
Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages (CELTA)
Postgraduate Certificate of Education ( P.G.C.E - primary)
MSc Human Communication Sciences
Postgraduate Certificate in Personnel Management
BSc Speech Pathology and Therapeutics
I have worked at a local language school since May 2016 teaching English to teenagers and adults from beginners to advanced level speakers. I enjoy working with students from different countries and cultures. I love teaching English as I get to meet new and interesting people from around the world. From my own experience of learning French, I know just how hard and stressful learning a new language can be. I am always patient, caring and make my lessons fun, adapting to the needs of the student.
My teaching approach is based on what YOU want and what your expectations are.
I am currently learning French and finding listening very hard. I have used this experience to devise my own “Build up listening programme” to help support listening skills in English. Alternatively, I can help you prepare for job interviews or just general conversation practice for a holiday or a visit to England. Conversational classes are based on topics that you are interested in talking about and this is then used, to help support the development of reading, listening, speaking and writing skills.
I adopt a communicative approach and set clear, achievable goals for each lesson. Any new material will be presented clearly. It will then be practised in a variety of different ways but making sure you are speaking the majority of the time.
I am serious and structured in my approach but capitalise on my lively sense of humour to make my lessons exciting and fun. My lessons are well planned and prepared specifically for the individual. I feel that if a student is relaxed and happy then they are more likely going to learn. Each student learns at a different rate and I want them to leave at the end of the lesson happy with themselves and wanting to learn more. I always ask the students to reflect on the lesson and what they think they have learnt.
I would love to help you with:
• General English (A1-C1)
• Developing your listening skills
* Preparation for the Cambridge English (B2) Examination - "Complete First"
• Conversational classes (A1-C1)
• Basic Interview Preparation
If you are an adult , whatever your level, I want to help improve your English! What are you waiting for? Together we can succeed!!
My teaching Material
• Homework Assignments
• Power Point slides
• Video and audio files
• Articles and news
• Language games
• Adapted course book materials